Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Batman or the other guy

Cadence has been really into markers lately. She's loving drawing, coloring, anything that has to do with putting color on something - she likes it! We've had to lay out some guidelines about markers because she has her Crayola ones but upstairs in Daddy's room she can use his dry erase markers - on his board - or even permanent markers that tend to lay around upstairs. So, I've had to clarify to her that Daddy's markers can't be used except when we're watching her and in the right spots. She's pretty good about this line of thinking and so we haven't had many issues with the markers.

This past Saturday, I was doing something and she came up to me with a pink crayola marker and a permanent black marker. She asked me if she could use the pink one but not the black one. I said, " that's correct you need to put the black one in Mommy's desk drawer and use your pink one" I'm so glad I did because I went on about my business and a few minutes later she came up to me and looked like this..........





I nearly died, but tried to keep my composure and asked her why she colored her whole face. Her answer was that she was "batman or dat udder guy" we're not sure of who the other guy is and she often confuses spiderman and batman so there really is no good reason for her to have a pink face but she sure did. So, I did what any mom would do and told her to go show her Daddy while I looked for the camera :)

PS whoever invented washable markers should be made a saint because they are incredible things. Probably better technology than electricity or inside toilets!

3 comments:

mama said...

So fun! A great reason to always have the camera charged! You never know.....

Katie Savannah said...

Straight up awesome :)
-Katie

Luke & April said...

That is hysterical!!!