Friday, October 29, 2010

things that happened this week

We're definitely starting to fall into a routine of me (ashleigh) with all 3 kids on my own - during the days. So, since I seem to be getting my feet under me again, I'm noticing some of the fun things that the kids do again and trying to document accordingly. :) So, here are some of the things that went on over the week.

Caleb Shaun can not only stand up to play the piano, this week he wanted to sit on the bench too. So, here he is playing the piano. He sat on the bench and played for at least 15 minutes. Which was really fun to watch.




Mr Creed is getting much better at holding his head up. Here he is enjoying some tummy time. I think he would enjoy it more if his brother and sister would leave him alone :)



Caleb Shaun is learning how to be a sweet boy. He's getting much better at it. He gives Creed kisses and will lay his head on him whenever we say to be "so sweet" I love his personality coming thru! Usually this moment of sweetness is followed by him hitting Creed multiple times on the back or head but we're working on it - at least he shows signs of sweetness at all.


We started eating out of our fall garden this week! My Daddy planted it when Creed was born so it's been fun to keep up with the progress of the plants by knowing how old Creed is. So, we now know that from seed to the table, mustard greens take 7 weeks :) They were super good and we're really looking forward to eating more stuff from the garden!


Here's my hand with a mustard green leaf to show some perspective. They are really big!

Caleb Shaun learned to roll over this past week! Actually the 21st if we're being specific. So, because he rolls over now we're having a hard time with him sleeping. He wakes up and immediately rolls over to sit or stand up. We hear him on the monitor yelling "MaMa" and shaking the crib. It's kind of exciting and we're pretty glad about it when it's not the middle of the night. :) So, one day I came in during nap time and saw Caleb Shaun sleeping like this. He had obviously gotten so tired sitting up that he just laid his head down on the bumper pad and went to sleep.

3 comments:

The Lourceys said...

Oh my word, you have the cutest kids ever!!! I love seeing how much Creed is changing and I can't believe how big Caleb Shaun is! Those pictures of him being sweet to Creed are priceless.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This is such a fun update. Just for the record... Creed looks like a totally different child from the pictures you last posted. I'm curious to see what next week's photos look like! How exciting that Caleb Shaun is rolling over. He just gets cuter and cuter. One day you'll have to frame together photos of all your kiddos sitting at the piano as babies. :) And I am jealous of your garden. I love that Dad planted it when Creed was born and you can use that to mark the weeks. And I'm so glad you took pictures of it to share.

relying on God said...

Beautiful family and garden. You're blessed to have a dad who will do that for you.