Tuesday, May 27, 2008

EMILY!!!

This past weekend we spent in Ohio with Chris' parents. We had such a great time and I'll get all the pictures posted so you can see but this post is actually about the ride home. Cadence this weekend, had a major breakthrough with potty training. She can actually make herself pee when you put her on a potty now. Up until this point it had just been if you happened to be diligent enough to get her on the potty around a time when she might need to pee then pee would land in the potty instead of her diaper. However, this weekend all that changed and you can now see her flexing her lower abs to make her bladder contract ( I know you want to know all of this) :)    Anyway, we were driving home yesterday and she had drank a cup of milk as well as 2 juice boxes before we stopped for dinner. So we stop in Virginia and were totally surprised that her diaper was dry!  So we ran into  Wendy's to sit on the potty because she was saying that she needed to go potty. Sure enough, I get her on the potty and she peed so much (probably all the milk and apple juice). As she's finishing this is how the conversation goes


me:
 " You are such a big girl to pee pee like this but I need to know who told you you could grow up so fast because mommy wants you to stay a baby and not be a big girl. So, who said you could be a big girl?"  

She sat on the potty and thought for a minute and then a big smile came across her face and her response was "EMILY!!!"  

 I laughed so hard. so then I say

"i'm gonna beat Emily's butt for telling you you could grow up and
 be a big girl"

She got very upset by this and was like "no mommy, no beat Emily"

Cadence with her precious "Aunt"  Emily

4 comments:

The Lourceys said...

I love it! I can't believe how big she is either but I do love that I can hear sweet words like that coming from her. I'm so excited I get to spend all weekend with her!

Luke & April said...

Too Funny!! She is so precious. Hooray for Shae pee-peeing on the potty :)

Shannon said...

i think you should beat her. post the video after too.

The Lourceys said...

Shannon you are so funny. Do you want me to kill you?