Thursday, August 29, 2013

Caleb is 4!!

August means Birthdays in the Andersen home. and this year Caleb kicked off our celebrating!  He LOVES the movie Wreck It Ralph and has asked for a Wreck it Ralph birthday for months. So, as the time got closer, we got to work on a cake! 

 Not my best cake work :)  But he LOVED it! and that made all the stress worth it. 


 This was Caleb's first birthday party where he picked his own friends to invite. I loved that 2 of the 3 boys invited were teenagers and love even more that these teenage boys take the time to love on Caleb so well. They are great role models for him and we are blessed to have them in our life!
 After everyone had a piece of cake Ralph got ahold of the cake and wrecked it!


 Caleb wanted to go to the movies for his birthday so we all endured Smurfs 2 together :)

It's so hard to believe that our boy is big enough to be 4 but God has done miraculous things in him and he is here and full of life and we wouldn't change a minute of our journey with this big 4 year old. 

Happy Birthday CALEB!!


1 comment:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of this, because I had no idea what the Facebook photo of Caleb wrecking the cake was all about. ;) And because Wreck It Ralph isn't a factor in my world, I confess I had to go and read the movie plot to know who he was.

This post made me tear up knowing that your sweet boy was just days away from surgery and yet so full of life. I love, love that he picked 2 teenagers to come to his party... and that they came. And I love how delighted he is looking at his cake and candles. And I also love Cadence's grin and ponies in the "cake wrecking" photo.

Looking forward to loving on some Andersen kiddos SOON!